Thursday 17 September 2015

Value of Paintings



The art world: glamour, wealth, intrigue. Beneath the surface there is a darker place. A world of higher stakes and gambles. In the past we looked at pictures now we look through them.Every picture tells its own story.What would you buy if you had $100 million?

My fascination with art starts when I was 10 years old and my father Mr Chrispin Mwitila Shumina took me to Musee  du Louvre ( The Louvre Museum).  Since then, I have a profound knowledge on art valuations specifically in impressionism.  This refers to a 19th century movement that dates back to Paris based artists.  Impressionist paintings detail small thin, yet visible brush strokes.  What makes a painting worth 100 million and another worth $1? I have been to countless art auctions: from France, to Capetown, Africa. A painting is a duet between two people, the painter and the owner. Great emphasis is given to the person who owned it  and the painter. The world most expensive painting ever sold at 300 million dollars. That might sought ludicrous to someone who does not like art. I am going to share with you  some pictures of very, very close friends in high echelons of which I was asked to value. Caution, I do not work at the art auction.




This is a an impressionist picture I took in Kuala Lumpur and I was asked to value by a very, very close friend of mine.  From my experience as an art collector I would value this painting for a lot of money. My beading price would start at $100,000 for the first painting " Red man in the Gondola ".  As for the second painting I would value it at an an astronomical $1 million. I will explain. If you look closely enough, at this impression. The illuminating strokes he used on the trees and the back drop of the clouds means depict a warm picture.  One that one would hung likely anyway in the house, however such a painting would fit in the living room and bed room. It would would befitting to hung it next to the window where the sun rays would create profound vivid image.


























No comments:

Post a Comment